An opportunity has arisen to appoint an investment manager to join one of the largest local government pension schemes and play a key role in leading the investment function of the West Midlands Pension Fund.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority pension fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interests of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 330,000 scheme members, 700 employers with £20bn of assets under management.
We are looking for a highly organized Investment Manager to be responsible for assessing, monitoring and managing investment risk. Also support supervision and relationship management with LGPS Central. The Investment Manager will also be responsible for drafting Committee documents and training materials on investment-related matters.
- To develop and deliver a high performing investment service and provide investment information and decision making support.
- Provide strategic investment advice and support to senior managers, including Deputy Directors and Director of Pensions. To contribute to the formulation
- Identify factors that have a significant impact on portfolios/investments, both beneficial and detrimental. Make recommendations to improve performance and/or reduce risk.
- Be responsible for research, research and due diligence within asset classes, and recommend appropriate investment selection decisions.
- Be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting on portfolio performance measurement by liaising with internal and external vendors to ensure timely reporting to senior management, pension committee and pension board.
- Produce committee reports and analytical information for senior management
The ideal candidate will be a graduate or have significant experience of investment-related work at a senior level in the private or public sector with a demonstrable ability to understand and interpret economic and investment issues and apply strategic thinking.
For further information please email [email protected] or to apply for this position please visit the following website:-
For more information about working for our organization, including Board culture, Board plan and vision, staff equality forums, core HR policies and more, please click here . https://www.wvjobs.co.uk/index.html
If you are considering applying for an apprenticeship or a role where the salary is £18,333-£27,514 (years 2-5), and would like to visit us for more information on the application and what it’s like to work for the City of Wolverhampton Council, please attend one of our monthly briefings. To find out more and book a session, click on here.
Investment manager .pdf