East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference in people’s lives, providing vital services to a quarter of a million people in East Suffolk.
You will be responsible for driving forward the investment function of Asset Management, placing the team at the heart of the advice strategy to maximize the performance of our assets.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead our investment, management and asset disposal program. You will also advise the councils on all matters of investment, management, valuation and wealth management of the assets and oversee an increase in income generated from existing and new assets.
In addition to managing a team of professionals and support staff, in various locations, in the delivery of strategic and operational property management and building survey services, you will prepare and present committee reports to Cabinet on property matters. and conduct options assessments and viability studies. for business and commercial real estate.
For this role, you will need:
- be a licensed surveyor with appropriate post-qualification experience
- have demonstrable first-hand knowledge of ownership issues facing the public sector
- proven experience working on goals in a commercial environment
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- manage and coordinate work programs and personnel.
This is an important growth project and a great opportunity to make a real difference in a dynamic work environment.
In return, we can provide great training and development opportunities. We want you to stay with us for the long term, so we will give you all the support we can to build a great career with our organization. There’s also a superb benefits package including flexible work options, generous time off, a discount plan, pension plan and free parking.
Post-pandemic, the council has adopted a hybrid way of working that combines working from home with working in the office, either in Lowestoft or Woodbridge.
We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and our employees can access many benefits.
To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council, watch our video and find out why our employees think it’s such a great place to work.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great training and development opportunities
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years of service, plus public holidays)
- Local authority pension scheme
- Free parking (when working in the office)
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holidays and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
To know more
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.